Monday, November 16, 2009

Shopping in Shipshewanna


I recently took my dd Lisa to Shipshewanna, IN to shop at
E & S sales. It is a very large bulk store that I shop at once a month. It is a 2 and 1/2 hour drive so I don't usually take the children with me. Lisa is such a huge help to me that I wanted to have a day with her to reward her for her help. Lisa tends to get car sick. So while I was in the store she stayed in the van. I came out of the store and she was grinning. Not your normal grin. That I just did something that I shouldn't have done grin. I asked her why she was grinning. She told me that she has just broke a going to Amish country rule. She had taken a picture of an Amish person. She told me that she just couldn't help herself. That this huge man on this tiny pony cart and pony just tickled her so much she had to take a picture. Since it wasn't a face on picture I let her keep it. It was kinda funny if you look at it in that way. I explained to her that it was a pony cart and use for children and short runs. I think she likened it to a full sized man on a child's bike of play toy.


No comments: