Monday, November 2, 2009

Changes Comming

For a very long time now my husband and I have wanted to move. We were both raised in rural enviorments and wanted to go back to our roots. We have the knowledge and heart for the country. We just didn't have the money. My husband is a career military man. We have lived many places over the last 24 years. Of all the places that we have been stationed Kansas was the most like what we had grown up with. I think that we were to young when we were stationed there to recognize what we had. My husband is now stationed in Kuwait where he has been for about a year. He won't be home until this time next year. The next year will be all planning and preparing. We are looking for a homestead. We currently live in Indiana but we are not set in stone here. Being from a military background we are prepared to move to where ever we find what we want. I have been looking as far as Nebraska. We have been to Tennessee to see what is there. It is beautiful. Indiana has many rural areas also as it is mostly a farm state. I am praying for direction in this matter. I know that the Lord will direct us. I am excited though. I do love change. It is all new and exciting. Only this time we will be putting down roots. What ever the Lord has in mind for us will be wonderful. I know that he knows so much better than me. I think now I am just mature enough to listen.
So, if anyone out there in blog land knows of a cheap homestead for sale. Or land that has potential, let me know. We don't want anything fancy. We don't mind hard work. We just want to live as close to the land as we can and free ourselves from all of the (stuff) that the world says we have to have. So with that in mind, keep us in your prayers.

No comments: