Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Bunny


I really need to spend more time here. I have so many things that I would like to share. My family has had the pleasure of raising a baby bunny these last few weeks and I think that it might be easier the raise a real baby. The experience has been wonderful though. The children have learned just how delicate life is and have watched it change right before their eyes. I was affraid that they were getting to attached to the little guy, but all that love has paid off. He is an amazing bit of lovable fluff. The children have named him or her Lucky. A very appropriate name since we found him beaten and bloodied by his mother. She did not want him and had tried to kill him. He is currently sharing a nice warm nest with a litter of kittens a few weeks younger than him. The Mama Kitty has taken him in and loved him from the begining even before her babies were born. Mothers are amazing beings even when they just choose to be one. In the photo he is only about 5 days old. I will post newer pictures as soon as I get them loaded.

No comments: